Performs activities associated with the Academy food service within pre-established guidelines and requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(The following list is not comprehensive but highlights the major areas of responsibility for the position.)
1. Perform general food service tasks within pre-established standard operating procedures and adhere to all policies and procedures surrounding food handling, sanitation, health and safety.
a. Prepare and serve food and beverages for daily resident meals and snacks, as well as for Academy other events.
b. Maintain sanitation of all areas and supplies involved with food storage, preparation and service.
c. Wash, maintain and store dishes, utensils, cooking/baking equipment, supplies, etc.
d. Ensure proper disposal of food and garbage processing.
e. Assist in inventory receiving, stocking and maintenance.
2. Assist with the development of food and beverage plans for the residents and other Academy needs as assigned.
a. Assist with daily meal menu planning in compliance with all nutritional and regulatory standards and requirements.
b. Assist with coordinating menus or food and beverage items for special events, meetings, or other gatherings sponsored by the academy.
3. Maintain accurate and timely records on meal counts, food usages, etc., as directed.
4. issues, background and treatment; comply with Nexus policies involving privacy and confidentiality rules for residents and their families.
5. Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required by Nexus. Understand and support the Nexus philosophy and treatment modalities.
6. Perform other responsibilities, tasks and projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes